You may have noticed that many of the tips that I give use the Windows Run line. In fact, I use the Run line a lot and sometimes wish that it was back on the Start menu in Windows Vista/7 like it is in Windows XP. Of course, the keyboard shortcut Windows key + r will always bring up the Run box but if you would like to have Run reinstalled on the Start menu, here is how to do it in both Windows Vista and 7:
- Right-click on the Start button
- Click “Properties” from the context menu
- Make sure the tab labeled “Start Menu” is selected
- Click the “Customize” button
- In the list that opens, scroll down to “Run Command” and place a check by it
- Click “OK’ and “OK” again
There you have it. The Run line will be back on the Start menu.
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.