Judging from the number of questions and comments I’ve seen, many PC users would like to modify their Windows 7 Start menu. For example, the default settings leave off some entries that people were used to in Windows XP and they want them back. Although many are unaware of it, there is an easy way to add or subtract an assortment of entries to the Start menu. You can also make a variety of configuration changes. Here’s how:
- Right-click the Start orb.
- Select “Properties” in the context menu.
- Make sure the “Start Menu” tab is selected.
- Click the “Customize” button.
- The graphic below shows the menu that opens. Scroll to the setting you are interested in.
The list of possible settings is considerably longer than the graphic shows so be sure to scroll down and investigate the whole list. Some of the settings have been discussed in the previous tips listed below.
- How to Restore the Run Line to the Start Menu in Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Three Ways to Restore Features That Were Left Out Of Windows Vista or Windows 7
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.