Brought to you by the people who created AutoCAD, Autodesk Homestyler lets you draw, layout or diagram just about anything.
Autodesk Homestyler can create diagrams, floor plans (home and office), diagram furniture placement - just about anything that you would need a sketch or layout for.
Using Autodesk Homestyler is fairly easy, with a drag and drop interface, a basic shapes feature, and uncluttered toolbars that can insert images, add text, and add color. You can download and save your creations to your computer, and if you work offline, it has an offline mode.
To save diagrams to your computer, you'll need to use the Export Diagram feature under the File menu. Your diagram is sent briefly to a server, after which a window appears allowing you to save your diagram to your computer in any of these formats: MMD/FMD (editable), JPEG, PNG, SVG, PDF, DWF(alpha) or DWFx (alpha).
Saving diagrams on the Autodesk Homestyler server requires free registration.
- Project Freewheel integration - include your designs from AutoCAD, Inventor, Revit, or any other DWF in your diagrams and use them like any other shape
- Predefined shapes - drag and drop our vector shapes to create custom diagrams.
- Save your diagram in editable formats.
- Export your diagrams in a variety of formats, including DWF, DWFx, PDF, JPG, PNG, and SVG.
- Cross-browser compatible - create a diagram in IE, open it in Firefox, or vice-versa.
- Handles - drag the shape handle to stretch dimensions.
- Linear, curved, and orthogonal connectors available.
- Imperial and metric page sizes available.
- Text tools, gradients, shadows, zoom, dimensions, snap-to-grid, and more - we’re adding new features all the time based on your feedback.
- Dynamic images - embed images into web pages based on your diagrams. Update the diagrams and the images automatically update.
- Check out the new "getting started" page associated with the 0.7.8 release.
Its a fun tool to work with, and if your serious about constructing something this is a good application.
Autodesk Homestyler Browser based, requires Flash
Click here for more items like this. Better still, get Rhiannon's latest tasty tech treats delivered daily via your RSS feeder or alternatively, have the RSS feed sent as email direct to your in-box.