Avira Free Antivirus
A free antivirus with high quality signatures, very fast updates and less false positives.
Pros & Cons:
- Pretty light on the system and runs smooth without system slow-downs
- Clean ad-free GUI, Ad-free installer, No pop-ups or ads
- High quality signatures, very fast updates, excellent detection on non-zero day threats
- Deep file scans with very less false positives
- Avira Protection Cloud makes for an excellent cloud engine
- Browser safety Add-ons available for major browsers
- Zero day protection (heuristic & behavioural shield) is very weak.
- Ineffective Browser launcher which is a memory hog (can be uninstalled)
- Painful removal for detected files. Repeated scans from Luke Filewalker increases CPU & RAM usage.
- Multiple file exceptions needs to be added (real-time and on-demand)
- No firewall/sandboxing/web shield technologies
Avira Free Antivirus was reviewed by Gizmos Freeware on based on version 15.0.