It's that time of year when we take a look at what tips our readers have liked best. Usually, I pick the five most popular but this time there was almost a dead heat in the rankings for several so this time there are seven on the list. Here are the tips from this year that stood at the top of the ratings as of December 17, 2013.
- How to Create Recovery Discs or USB Keys in Windows 8
- How to Check if Somebody is Spying on Your Supposedly Secure Internet Connection
- How to Use Disposable Email Addresses and Avoid Spam
- How to Restore the Google Chrome Browser New Tab Page to the Previous Appearance
- How to Make a Quick and Easy Online Antivirus Check of a File or App Before Downloading it
- How to Stop Google from Keeping a Record of Every Search You Make
- How to Cancel Online Accounts the Easy Way
What was your favorite tip of the year? Let us know in the comments. And while you are at it, let us know what you’d like to learn about in 2014.
Happy holidays to all!
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.
This tips section is maintained by Vic Laurie. Vic runs several websites with Windows how-to's, guides, and tutorials, including a site for learning about Windows and the Internet and another with Windows 7 tips.
Please rate this article: