It's been a decade since I've been a member at Gizmo's Freeware and here I have listed down the best games that were released over this time span.
Gaming has evolved a lot since the beginning of this millenium. I still remember playing pixelated video games of the 90's, admiring them and couldn't wait to get home from school, relax on the sofa and start playing them with a controller in hand. At the dawn of the 2000's, in-game graphics looked prettier than ever before, online gaming started becoming a thing and purchasing physical game discs cost a fortune from our meagre pocket money. From 2010, games have widely gone digital for purchases, touchscreens on smartphone devices have opened a new era for the booming gaming platform, and virtual reality has already been here for gaming and growing in popularity.
Over the past 10 years, we've seen countless amazing gems across innovative indie games through big budget AAA blockbusters. From what we experienced through these years, we've found that many developers stop at nothing short of fantastic and try to exceed the expectations of the people with each new title. They offer us variety of choices from First Person Shooters to Real Time Strategies and Adventure Games, making sure that no gamers are left in the void when it comes to their favorite genres.
The real question that pops up right now is that with so many great games made available for PC during the last decade, which ones really stand out from the rest of the pack? A lifetime would not be enough to sort through them and to save you that trouble we have made a list of our recommended games on PC over the last 10 years and ranked them in order. The rankings on this list are subjective but each game here is excellent and selected from the most diverse gaming platform, i.e. PC, and released throughout the last decade.
- Only original titles were ranked, individual expansion packs won't be included in the list.
- This list includes games released from 2010 to 2019.
- It was intentional to avoid listing multiple titles from a game series.
- Only games that natively run on Windows OS are included and ranked for PC.
- All the games mentioned in the list are commercial and require license keys to play.
- If you think any worthy contenders haven't been mentioned, do let me know in the comments section.
So let's start the countdown for the top 50 games...........
50. Far Cry 3
49. Dead Space 2
48. Guild Wars 2
47. Borderlands 2
46. South Park: The Stick of Truth
44. DiRT Rally
42. Mark of the Ninja
41. Okami HD
40. Amnesia: The Dark Descent
39. Fallout: New Vegas
38. Pillars of Eternity
37. Final Fantasy IX
35. Katana Zero
32. What Remains of Edith Finch
31. Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition
30. Dark Souls III
29. The Swapper
28. Cities: Skylines
27. Black Mesa
26. Torchlight II
Best PC Games of the Decade 25. Grand Theft Auto 5
24. Disco Elysium
23. Total War: Shogun 2
22. Europa Universalis IV
19. Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
18. Devil May Cry 5
17. Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty
16. Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
15. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
13. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
11. Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
10. Stardew Valley
9. Hollow Knight
8. The Walking Dead: The Game
7. Batman: Arkham City
6. Resident Evil 2
5. Bioshock Infinite
4. Divinity: Original Sin 2
3. Mass Effect 2
2. Portal 2
1. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Please rate this article: