A handy tool to check CPU and hardware details of your device.
Pros & Cons:
CPU-Z developed by CPUID is a convenient tool to find out specifications of your Windows and Android devices in detail so that you know what exactly you have under the hood.
It is easy to use. Just run the app and it lays everything out in clear and concise tables full of technical terms and information that you might be interested in the device you own. The app also allows you to validate the specification of your device by submitting it to the CPU-Z Database.
CPU-Z runs in Windows desktop and Android mobile systems. It takes very little space on your storage and supports major devices in the market. The Android version tells you additional information about the system, battery and sensors besides the CPU, but it lacks the feature of saving reports in html or text format and the benchmark tool that are available in the Windows version.
For ease of reference, the information available from the CPU-Z for Windows and Android at time of this review is listed below:
CPU-Z for Windows consists of eight tabs for:
- CPU - gives you the name of the CPU, code name, package, technology, specification, core speed, multiplier, bus speed and cache.
- Caches - provides the size and descriptor of each cache.
- Mainboard - reveals the manufacturer, model, chipset and other details of the motherboard, as well as BIOS and graphic interface details.
- Memory - tells you about the type, size and channels, with timings for the frequency, FSB, latency, delay, cycle time, command rate, etc.
- SPD (Serial Presence Detect) - gives you the module size, maximum bandwidth, manufacturer and other details.
- Graphics - shows you the display device selection, GPU name and manufacturer, clocks and memory.
- Bench - lets you benchmark your processor against a referenced CPU.
- About - lets you do online validation, save report in text or html format, check clock speeds and timers, etc.
CPU-Z for Android consists of seven tabs for:
- SOC (System On Chip) - gives you the CPU name, cores, architecture, clock speed of each core, GPU vendor and other details.
- Device - lists the model and brand, board, screen size, screen resolution and screen density, dimensions, weight, total and available RAM and storage.
- System - reveals the Android version, API level, security patch level, bootloader, kernel architecture and version, root access, system uptime and more.
- Battery - tells you the battery health, level, power source, status, technology, temperature, voltage and capacity.
- Thermal - provides AC and battery thermal of the device.
- Sensors - displays the readings for acceleration sensor, gyroscope sensor, magnetic field sensor, barometer sensor, proximity sensor, lux sensor, RGB sensor, orientation sensor, motion sensor, gravity sensor and more.
- About - lets you do online validation, setting, get help and refer to the FAQ.
The Android version is supported by ads, which can only be removed with in-app purchases.
CPU-Z was reviewed by Gizmos Freeware on