This useful compendium of wide ranging tips and hacks covers the devices that we use, what's on them, and how we use them. There are useful tips for apps and software, plus day to day practical tricks, tips and techniques that save a little time and increase productivity. A sampling of the things covered include mobile phone hacks, downloading YouTube videos, browser navigation tips, cable management, tips for search engines and gmail, finding song titles, playing tetris on a Mac, useful web sites, how to turn your handwriting into a font, a few Word and Powerpoint tips, proofreading documents, and more. Here's a few tricks from the article:
- Quickly to unfreeze a frozen mobile phone by plugging it into its charger.
- Use has:attachment in Gmail search to list all emails that have attachments.
By using Dropbox’s Carousel media gallery, you will be rewarded with 3GB additional storage space in Dropbox.(no longer supported by Dropbox)
- When booking flights or hotels online, clear cookies before you start looking, or shop in Incognito mode, for lower prices.
- If your printer is out of black ink, change the font color to #010101 for 99% grey.
- Make a small knot at either side of the earphone to identify left or right side of the earphones.
- Use crocodile clips to organize, separate and keep your cables within reach.
My favorite tip is using the Space bar to scroll down in browser windows since so many sites have started generating exit pop ups if you move your mouse on the page - highly annoying when all you're doing is moving a mouse on the page. Hitting the Space bar plus Shift scrolls up.
Please rate this article: