GIZMO'S FREEWARE GAMING AWARDS 2015
There are tons of games available at Google Play Store and with each passing day the list just keeps growing. The task to find a good game isn't that easy so I've compiled a list of 5 must play Android games that came out in 2014 which I found great. If you think I've missed something that was special to you, do post it in the Comments section and don't forget to Rate this article.
Let's start with Number 5......
5. Sky Force 2014
Harnessing the intensity of classic arcade shoot-’em-ups combined with the hottest smartphone technology, Sky Force 2014 offers a stunning scrolling shooter experience with an incredible new social gameplay element. This 10th anniversary edition adds incredible depth to the series through stunning 3D graphics, intuitive touchscreen controls and a powerful upgrade system that’ll keep you blasting for hours on end.
Weekly tournaments take place on unique new levels as you battle it out against legions of other Sky Force 2014 players, offering great rewards not only for winning, but for rescuing other pilots who’ve already been taken down!
- Beautiful levels with immersive missions to complete.
- Multiple extreme boss battles.
- Upgrade your shields, guns, missiles, lasers, mega-bombs and magnets.
- Risk everything to rescue civilians.
- Brand new weekly tournaments against other players.
- Boost your final score with a host of in-game achievements.
- Rescue fallen opponents to win extra lives and stars.
- Accessible to beginners, as well as hardcore shooter addicts.
- Full voiceover and incredible electronic soundtrack.
The hottest shooter is no push over, but the invigorating gameplay and vast library of achievements will keep both casual players and hardcore gamers hooked as you upgrade your ship and take it a little deeper into the incredible battlefield time after time.
4. Asphalt 8: Airborne
Ashpalt is the most well known arcade racing game series for mobile phones. With Airborne you will be able to perform dynamic, high speed aerial stunts in an intense driving experience powered by a brand-new physics engine!
- Luxury Dream Cars: 56 high-performance cars from top licensed manufacturers and models such as Lamborghini Veneno, Bugatti Veyron, Ferrari FXX and Pagani Zonda R. Newly recorded high-fidelity car motor sounds for realistic audio immersion.
- Get Airborne: Hit the ramps and take the race above the track. Perform barrel rolls and wild 360º jumps. Maneuver through the air and pull stunts while racing.
- New Exotic Locations: Race in 9 different settings, such as Venice, French Guiana, Iceland, the Nevada Desert and other exciting locations! Discover plenty of hidden shortcuts.
- For Speed Freaks: 8 seasons & 180 events in Career mode. Stunning visuals thanks to next-gen shaders, real-time geometry reflection & other amazing effects for a new simulation of speed! A detailed damage system like nothing you’ve seen before.
- Simultaneous Multiplayer & Ghost Challenges: Simultaneous multiplayer action for up to 8 real opponents! Dare friends to asynchronous races in your favorite cars. Compare scores on the new leaderboards with friends and drivers around the world.
- Music To Rev Your Soul: A heart-thumping mix of amazing licensed music for the game. Featuring real tracks from Bloc Party, Mutemath & The Crystal Method!
Asphalt 8: Airborne is for fans of extreme arcade racing, with real dream cars and phenomenal graphics that will also please racing simulation enthusiasts.
BADLAND is an atmospheric side-scrolling action adventure platformer set in a gorgeous forest full of various inhabitants, trees and flowers. Although the forest appears to be right out of a beautiful fairy tale, there’s something terribly wrong. The player controls one of the forest dwellers to find out what’s going on, and discovers an astonishing number of imaginative traps and obstacles on the way.
BADLAND takes side-scrollers to the next level with its innovative physics-based gameplay combined with stunning, atmospheric graphics and audio.
- Single-player campaign with 50 truly unique levels and more coming in updates
- Multiplayer mode for up to four players on the same device in 23 levels and more content in future updates
- Cooperative mode for up to four players
- Survive the modified single player campaign with your friends
- Intuitive one-touch controls combined with innovative level design
- Also with full support for game controllers
- Highly immersive audio-visual gaming experience
- Designed for Android phones, tablets and Android TV
- Supports Cloud Save and Immersive mode
BADLAND also features a highly original local multiplayer mode for up to four players on the same device, where the name of the game is survival of the fittest with no rules. It’s totally OK to push your rivals in front of spinning circular saws to survive. Or, if that's too rough for you, you can also cooperate with your friends and play the modified single player campaign with up to four players.
2. Shadow Fight 2
Shadow Fight 2 is a nail-biting mix of classical Fighting and RPG. This game lets you equip countless lethal weapons and rare armor sets, and features dozens of lifelike-animated Martial Arts techniques! As the thrilling Fantasy storyline unfolds, you will fight numerous unique enemies and defeat evil demon bosses.
- Plunge into epic combat sequences, rendered in astonishingly lifelike detail by an all-new animation system.
- Devastate your enemies with delightfully intuitive controls, thanks to an all-new fighting interface designed especially for touchscreens.
- Journey through six different worlds full of menacing demons in this action-packed, adrenaline-fueled combat RPG with an immersive, intriguing storyline.
- Customize your fighter with epic swords, nunchacku, armor suits, magical powers, and more.
Crush your enemies, humiliate demon bosses, and be the one to close the Gate of Shadows. Do you have what it takes to kick, punch, jump, and slash your way to victory? There’s only one way to find out.
It’s best to just start and get an impression of the easy-to-learn controls, which on the other hand will allow more advanced players to use complex special moves. A short tutorial will introduce you to the game.
Play Shadow Fight 2. May the battle begin!
And the best free Android game of 2014 is.........
This one is not just another Trivia app. QuizUp pits you head-to-head real-time against another player for 7 rounds of timed multiple choice questions. What makes things more interesting and fun is that there are more than 700 topics to choose from various categories. This means that QuizUp is for everyone as it caters to your tastes.
- A huge variety of topics ranging from current pop culture to obscure scientific facts, and everything in between.
- Hundreds of specialized topics, allowing you to find what you’re truly passionate about and master it.
- Thousands of beautifully illustrated questions.
- Various educational topics for those who want to brush up on their vocabulary, spelling or foreign languages.
- A comprehensive overview of your stats, showing you how you’re doing in individual topics and categories.
- Fun and expressive titles and achievements to earn.
All you got to do is to choose your Favorite topic, and then choose a random Opponent or one of your friends and then Play. Each round has 10 seconds to answer and you score according to how fast you answer correctly. You gain a certain XP or total points for each victory or loss and there's a monthly leaderboard for country-wise and world rankings for each category or topic you choose.
New topics are added every week so you won’t have to worry about ever running out of trivia to test your knowledge on. You can also post your own questions. So go ahead and be the first in your favorite category. Good luck!
Please rate this article: