Do you use Firefox as your Internet browser? It turns out that even regular users are often unfamiliar with the rich resources available at Mozilla. There are many articles there that can help make you a better user of Firefox. Areas covered include installation, configuration, security, privacy, maintenance, and other areas of Firefox use. Here are 14 of my favorite links from the Mozilla collection. Read these and you can become a Firefox ace.
- Copy your personal information from one browser to another
- Profiles - Where Firefox stores your bookmarks, passwords and other user data
- Back up and restore information in Firefox profiles
- Use the Profile Manager to create and remove Firefox profiles
- Security and passwords settings
- Enable and disable cookies that websites use to track your preferences
- Permissions Manager - Give certain websites the ability to store passwords, set cookies and more
- Block websites from storing site preferences or login status in Firefox
- Remove recent browsing, search and download history
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Firefox problems
- Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems
- Firefox is slow or stops working
- Firefox hotkeys and keyboard shortcuts
- Use mouse shortcuts to perform common tasks in Firefox
If you need still more Firefox information, the complete collection of articles at Mozilla Firefox support (English version) can be accessed at this link, which is the start page for many different articles about using Firefox. There is a useful search function to help find what you are looking for.
There is also Mozilla support in languages other than English. Here is a page where you can switch to any number of non-English Mozilla support sites.
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.
This tips section is maintained by Vic Laurie. Vic runs several websites with Windows how-to's, guides, and tutorials, including a site for learning about Windows and the Internet and another with Windows 7 tips.
Please rate this article: