This is a list of shell menu extensions or right-click context menu add-ons and editors.
A full review for this software category has yet to be written.
Proposed editor: Kathryn
Context Menu Additions (add new entries)
- FileMenuTools - (reviewed) (another review) ** TOP PICK **
- Open++ - (reviewed)
- ContextMagic (free edition) - (reviewed)
- Shock Bookmark - (reviewed)
- CMenuExtender - (reviewed)
- Shell Tools
- QwikTulz - (reviewed)
Context Menu Editors (manage previous entries)
Related Products and Links
The programs above add multiple functions to the context menu or allow you to edit the context menu. The following are "One Trick Ponies", meaning they typically add a single function. These are mostly untested and will not be reviewed, but will be listed here for completeness.
"Send To" Enhancements
- Send To Toys - An enhancement of the Send To context menu.
- SendTo Commander - Organize and customize the Send To context menu.
- Stupid Geek Tricks: Secret Items on the Windows 7 Send To Menu
- awxRename - A Windows shell extension to rename files and/or folders by using perl functions and regular expressions.
- ClipName - A context menu extension copying the full pathname of the right-clicked file to the clipboard.
- Open Command Prompt Shell Extension - Adds an "Open Command Prompt" menu item to the context menus to open a command prompt in the selected directory (or directories) or in the directory you are viewing.
- Unlocker - Deletes locked files. See here for a list of other file deletion programs.
- Link Shell Extension - A shell extension that provides for the creation of Hardlinks, Junctions, Volume Mountpoints, and Symbolic Links, and a Folder Cloning process that utilises Hardlinks or Symbolic Links.
- StyleFolder- A shell extension that makes changing folder icons quick and easy.
- HOBComment - A shell extension that allows users to instantly add a comment to files and folders.
- CreateShortcutThere - Rightclick a file and select the context menu CreateShortcutThere... to choose where to place the shortcut.
Have Your Say
Why not contribute your suggestions by leaving a comment below?
This software category is in need of an editor. If you would like to give something back to the freeware community by taking it over, check out this page for more details. You can then contact us from that page or by clicking here.
Please rate this article: