- Copy the code (highlighted in blue) and paste it into Notepad.
- Save the file with the vbs extension (e.g. csv2tsv.vbs)
- Double-click on the vbs file to trigger the conversion process.
What this code has considered for converting a csv file:
- Fields are separated by commas in csv files.
- Each record is one line terminated by a linefeed or a carriage return.
- Fields with embeded commas are enclosed with double-quote characters.
- Fields with embeded double-quote characters are enclosed within double-quote characters, and each of the embedded double-quote characters is represented by a pair of double-quote characters.
- Fields with leading or trailing spaces are enclosed within double-quote characters.
- Fields with embeded line breaks have not been considered.