A frequent subject here at Tech Tips is useful keyboard shortcuts. What many PC users do not realize is that there is a large collection of handy shortcuts tucked away in an obscure place on their own computer. Here’s how to find it in Windows 7:
- Open the Start menu
- In the right-side pane, click “Help and Support”
- In the Help search bar, enter “shortcuts” (without quotes)
- A list of items will be displayed. Click “keyboard shortcuts”
- The window shown in the figure below will open
- Click the topic whose keyboard shortcuts interest you
- A list of different shortcuts will appear
As you can see from the graphic, lists of keyboard shortcuts for an assortment of Windows 7 features are available. A similar list can be found on Windows Vista systems. Happy keyboarding!
Get your own favorite tip published! Know a neat tech tip or trick? Then why not have it published here and receive full credit? Click here to tell us your tip.
This tips section is maintained by Vic Laurie. Vic runs several websites with Windows how-to's and tutorials, including a site for learning about Windows and the Internet and a blog with computer tips and commentary.