DVD Authoring software is used to create digital video disks which can be played on a DVD player. If you have videos of birthday parties, farewell celebrations, Christmas events, singing, dancing, playing pranks and all your beloved memories that are hiding on your video cameras, mini disks, VHS cassettes, tapes, etc, think of using this software to transfer them to DVDs, which are a good alternative for a low-cost storage device for playing back on a DVD player and sharing with your relatives and friends.
Now without needing to edit these videos one by one on your video editing software, you could use DVD authoring software that lets you create and burn videos with interactive menus in various templates, split videos into chapters for easier navigation, add subtitles and audio tracks to these menus, cut scenes from videos and even create photo slideshows with considerable ease.
You could also use powerful video editing software to edit and save your videos and then only use DVD authoring software to import them for adding menus, chapters and the like before burning into DVDs.
Take video files on your computer and turn them into a DVD
Platforms/Download: Windows (Desktop) |
Version reviewed: n/a
|Our Rating: 4/5
Other DVD authoring freeware
- Bombono DVD, a cross-platform DVD authoring program accepting mp4, mov, mkv, avi and other video formats, with motion menus and subtitles support. The Linux version is free. The Windows version comes in with a commercial edition and a free edition with limited features.
- DVD Author Plus, create DVD video discs, read and convert most common video formats to DVD, together with other features such as burn data discs, duplicate CD/DVDs, backup CD/DVD in ISO format and create CDs and DVDs from an ISO file.
- DeVeDe for Linux is an open source program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, SVCD or CVD) from any number of video files including mpeg, mpeg4, avi, asf, YouTube and Google flash videos, wmv, ogg, etc.
- Koyote Video to DVD - I had not expected this program to be much use but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was very good. It allows you to build a menu, choose a background, rename individual titles, and other settings. Does the job well.
- DVD Styler - "A a cross-platform DVD authoring application for the creation of professional-looking DVDs. It allows not only burning of video files on DVD that can be played practically on any standalone DVD player, but also creation of individually designed DVD menus". Note: Opt to download the portable version which is free of bundled software, otherwise take great care during the installation process.
Related Products and Links
You might want to check out these articles too:
- Best Free CD-DVD Burning Software
- Best Free Video Editor
- Best Free Audio-Video Format Conversion Program
- Best Free Software to Split, Trim or Join Video Files
- Best Free CD-DVD Emulation Software
This software category is in need of an editor. If you would like to give something back to the freeware community by taking it over, check out this page for more details. You can then contact us from that page or by clicking here.
Please rate this article: